The Creature of Ressentiment

(after reading Nietzsche's 'On the Genealogy of Morality')


I am the woman, the dependent, the slave 

I am the lowly, the sickly, the close-to-the-grave

I am beneath your feet and I

I?

I'd like to strangle you

Yes you!

Superior man

I'd like to strangle you,

prefereably in your sleep,

or 

I'd like to cut your throat

and colour your perfect golden curls

a shade of red 

with your own blood


I'd like to make you feel sick

made sick 

by another's powerful hands

unforgiving hands

Sink you into that pit of despair 

you so despise

and so in vain 

attempt to protect yourself from


Yes!

To strangle you in your sleep:

wield power with my tiny hands 

my slight form

over your superior one

To for one moment

one sweet moment

conquer you and overcome

Make you as small

as you've made me


I am your enemy

You white-skinned snake

Destroyer who believes himself creator

What world would you create then

What lives would spring from your hands?

No place for me I suppose


You foul and evil deciever!

Once, lost, 

I was a believer

You thief of innocence

No longer you'll ensnare me

I'll cut my chains

With my teeth

Then bite into your

Soft white skin and

Look!

We bleed the same

No blue blood in your veins


This is a mourning song

For I once was your lover

I now am your enemy

Hear me I am

A creature of ressentiment

And I resent you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

assisted suicide

Twining vine

Achteruit vliegen